Saturday, November 22, 2003

I have a 5-7 page paper philosophy paper due on Wednesday. I've been rereading the passage I'm writing about, but I keep falling asleep. The paper is on Laudan's "Epistemology of Light," which is not a particularly exciting topic for me. It's difficult to write philosophy papers when you're an English major. In English, you rewrite what the author says from your own unique perspective. In Philosophy, you give a brief explanation of the author's message, but the bulk of the paper is your own beliefs about the subject. Personally, I just don't care enough about how the scientific approach of the study of light changed over time enough to have my own personal beliefs about it. It seems too factual to have any room for opinion. Well, I better get going. This paper isn't going to write itself.

No comments: