Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Incoming

Slowly but surely my textbooks are coming in. I've thought about reading them, but I'm so immersed in Reading Lolita in Tehran that I want to finish it first. It's #40 in the Amazon.com sales rank! It's so good; I highly recommend it. Today was my sisters' first day of school. It's just a little reminder to enjoy my last 2 weeks of summer while I still can. They were very excited when they came home and it looks like they're going to have a fantastic year. My youngest sister is in the 8th grade so it's her last year of middle school and my other sister is a high school senior, so this is her last year of grade school period. It's a pretty exciting time in their lives. As for me, I'm about to embark on my most important year of college. I'm a little freaked out, but I'm trying to keep a cool head about the whole 20 hrs + 10 hrs of work thing. People have been calling me to get together, but I've been so swamped with work that I won't be able to see them until school starts. I'll be glad when the weekend gets here.

No comments: