Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Iranians Face Crackdown on 'Immoral' Behavior

Our guest star this month is...my grandma! (What, you were expecting Brad Pitt?) She's my mom's mom and she arrived tonight at 6pm from sunny Los Angeles where she's been staying with my aunt and uncles for the past few months. I think we can show her a good time here. I started my O Chem 2 class today. The professor seems nice. He's really into BioChem and he said that he often uses medical examples because he knows that the majority of his students are pre-health. The thing is, he incorporates the powerpoints my previous teacher used with his own. Pretty strange considering those powerpoints were made by a professor at Richland Community College. Hmm... Well, at least I don't have to get a new textbook. At UTD the students have to buy their own scantrons (huh?) so I head over to the bookstore to pick those up and got a sweet UTD folder with Hawaiian flowers on it. I thought it was perfect for summer school. I also discovered Diet Snapple and picked up a bottle of Lemon Iced Tea. It really hit the spot as I made the trek to my car. My plan this week is get a parking tag and a student ID card so that I can use the Activity Center. I think I'm gonna like my new school.



On : 6/2/2004 4:31:04 PM Will K (www) said:

SMU students have to buy their own scantrons too.
I watched ... "Iran, Veiled Appearances" last night. Farsi is silly. Revolution is cool :P

On : 6/2/2004 7:09:32 PM gp (www) said:

one more question about children of heaven... is there some symbolism to the name? or is it just because they were nice kids?

On : 6/2/2004 7:44:45 PM prettydoc (www) said:

I've never heard of "Iran, Veiled Appearances." Is it a documentary? Ah revolution; it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. gp, I think there is symbolism behind the title of Children of Heaven because the Iranian movies that came out at that time that featured kids were all metaphors for the Iranian struggle under the current government. I'm not sure what the exact true meaning of the title is, but Majidi himself said that the film is symbolic of something else. There's a lot of theories out there, and I think there are some sites devoted to explaining the film.

On : 6/2/2004 10:21:02 PM Will K (www) said:

That post was at least two paragraphs. :P
Please correct.

On : 6/2/2004 11:51:53 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Right after you learn how to spell "learning" and "tomorrow."

No comments: