Sunday, November 16, 2003

I think I'm coming down with something. The combination of fasting, my period, and intense hatred have knocked me off my feet. Well, I've stopped fasting, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I went to the mosque last night. I got a lot of compliments from everyone saying I looked very pretty. I thought, if they only knew how I feel on the inside. I prayed for y'all, even him. I prayed that all of you would find what you're looking for, peace, and happiness. I sort of wish he was there to see the real Islam in action. You don't really know something until you've lived it and experienced it. You can't really claim to know it before then. It's not your place. What you can do is ask people who do know questions about it. You don't tell them and then wait for them to call you on it and prove you wrong, you ask like a normal person. And not in a sneaky "I know something you don't know" kind of way. Anyway, readers, I can't be sick. Not for another month, when the semester is over. Of course, now that I work at the hospital maybe I can never be sick. AAHH! How can I defend myself from germs and college guys (what's the difference)?

Comments

On : 11/17/2003 1:27:18 PM gp (www) said:
thats the spirit... blame someone else!

On : 11/17/2003 5:01:36 PM prettydoc (www) said:
Well, unless I injected myself with a virus, being sick is not my fault. Nor is it the fault of a "someone." It's the virus. Yet stress weakens the immune system and stress was brought on me by outside factors. We do not create stress on our own, unless we dwell on something long after it has been remedied.

On : 11/18/2003 11:26:42 AM gp (www) said:
can you not also argue that these "stresses" were and are your own fault? perhaps your expectations overwhelmed your abilities? its much healthier if you feel in control of your destiny too. if you can blame yourself, there's no outside interference in your life. just rationalize it. they're your choices. unless you want to blame god and thats a whole different story. im not sure if thats healthy or not, but i doubt it. im not saying god is unhealthy, i just think blaming him would be. wow this is a blog topic of its own. thankfully, i dont have one.

On : 11/18/2003 6:28:22 PM prettydoc (www) said:
um, what was the question?

I never blame God for anything because I know he is responsible for everything and places things in my path for a reason. He tests all of us. I don't see how the stresses themselves are my fault, but I do accept responsibility for how I handle them. I'd be crazy not to.

On : 11/19/2003 10:59:58 AM gp (www) said:
im just trying to help. =p (that better not turn into an emoticon)

On : 11/19/2003 6:38:02 PM prettydoc (www) said:
It did, but it's cool. I love you anway.