Sunday, November 09, 2003

This was a movie weekend. I saw Elf on Friday and Love Actually today. Elf was cute, but childish. Since I'm still a child on the inside I enjoyed it for that, but as I looked around at the audience I had this feeling like I didn't belong there. Maybe I should have just waited and rented it. It did not live up to the hype. Love Actually has a 100 storylines and only three of them were worth worrying about. One was disgusting and the other was insulting to American girls. I can't believe Brits think we're easy! Maybe it's because they think we're all Britney Spears (see above entry). I only dress like that on the weekends...
The best part of my movie weekend was seeing the preview for The House of Sand and Fog. Any movie about Iranians, or starring the fabulous Iranian actress Shohreh Aghdashloo, is definitely worth the price of admission. I think now's a good time to make a film about that. With Whoopi, Catherine Bell, and Maryam this is the perfect environment for it. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: