Wednesday, December 24, 2003

I went to work yesterday. The Dr. only had one patient, and she wasn't the kind that I'm supposed to see. So I spent the day (6 hrs.) doing transcription. Some genius put three days on one tape (we're supposed to one day per tape), so we're 5 days behind instead of the acceptable 1. I was playing catch-up and doing transcriptions for both doctors while the other scribes did post-ops and consults. When they got back and the office closed, we decided to let off some steam at P.F. Chang's at Northpark Mall. Bad idea to go to the mall two days before Christmas. So we wound up going to this pizzeria across the street from my school. We were still wearing our scrubs, like all the cool kids do. ;) We got a large veggie pizza that tasted great. It was nice hanging out with the girls outside of work. One of them was the hostess of the party I went to Friday night. We chatted for two hours and then called it a night as we each made the hour drive home. Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

On : 12/25/2003 12:48:51 PM persianguy (www) said:
damn...I have like 0 clinical experience.


YOU GET TO WEAR SCRUBS?!?


On : 12/25/2003 6:49:44 PM prettydoc (www) said:
Yes, and a lab coat that says "Dallas Internal Medicine Maryam". (That's my name.) It's pretty cool to wear a white coat way before even applying to med school. My job gives me 10-20 hours a week of clinical experience. You should look into being a scribe in your town. There are lots of opportunities in Dallas. It's one of the only premed jobs where you learn how to be a doctor, not a nurse.