Monday, January 19, 2004

"Don't you think I'm so sexy, I'm just so fresh and...so fresh and so clean, clean." That song's always in my head after I take a shower. Anyway, Happy Martin Luther King day everyone. I hope you're all enjoying your day off. I worked Saturday and Sunday, so today was my first day to sleep in and actually have a weekend. For the first time all year I'm actually ahead in my studies, including Organic Chemistry. I'm being a good girl, I really am. American Idol starts tonight; that should be fun to watch. Also, tonight on Average Joe 2 Hawaii the hunks arrive to spice things up. Does anyone else think it's weird that there are more hunks than Joes? Based on numbers alone, it seems likely that she would pick the hunks. Watching today's Oprah further motivated me on my new path to fitness. I've been doing Pilates everyday since the New Year and am on the Chick-fil-a diet on school days. It includes alternating each day between the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich, Chargrilled Chicken Cool Wrap, Spicy Chicken Cool Wrap, and the Chargrilled Chicken Salad, with Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing on all of them and lemonade instead of soft drinks. That's less than 7 grams of fat each! I think it's a good plan. I chose Chick-fil-a because at my school we only have Chick-fil-a, Bene's Pizza, and Montague's Deli, so I don't have that many options. I would eat a turkey sandwich everyday, but turkey makes me sleepy. I'm very sensitive to chemicals. If I have a Coke at lunch, I can't sleep at night. And that's it for Diet Tips from Prettydoc!

Comments


On : 1/19/2004 8:53:20 PM persianguy (www) said:
lol...you sound big ahaha. like a wittle fatty ahah. goto the god damn gym, and work it mammiiiii


On : 1/20/2004 4:28:23 PM gp (www) said:
im pretty sure the lemonade there has just as many calories and the same sugar content as a soft drink. unless its 100% juice, its likely the same thing as a coke.

drink water. pilates are good.


On : 1/20/2004 6:17:04 PM prettydoc (www) said:
They do have diet lemonade, but I cheat and go for the regular stuff. Diet just doesn't taste as good, although I must admit that it is an acquired taste.


On : 1/20/2004 8:40:32 PM gp (www) said:
what are your thoughts on artificial sugars? i have my own reservations about them, but id like to hear your thoughts. As an aspiring medical student, they might be useful/interesting. i personally think they're poison and im trying to get my dad to stop eating them. oh yeh, and they taste awful. =)


On : 1/20/2004 8:46:49 PM gp (www) said:
oh also.. what do you think about this new chicken scare? i think its hippies trying to come up with new reasons to bring down the meat industry. it doesnt bother me one way or the other since im basically a vegeterian now anyway. its not that i dont like meat or that i personally have qualms with the meat industry. its just that i like other things better, for the most part.

here's a link if you're unfamiliar with the chicken stuff: http://www.ajc.com/health/content/shared-auto/healthnews/foos/516998.html
there's also this:
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=4171287§ion=news

straight from the people that gave us madcow disease.


On : 1/20/2004 10:35:07 PM prettydoc (www) said:
I was always raised to stay away from sugar substitutes and still have my mother's mantra (Nutrasweet causes cancer!) drumming in my head. Although the saccharine tests done on mice may seem nonvalid today, I have spoken to people who ran similar experiments and indeed felt that it causes cancer. They stopped using sugar subs and warned their friends not to use them. I have a feeling that Splenda may not be as bad as aspartame or saccharine because it's made from sugar, but I really don't know much about it. I think the chicken scare is rediculous. At the hospital, I saw a patient that died last month from arsenic poisoning, and the doctors said that it is a very rare thing. So rare, that the only way you could get arsenic poisoing if you were deliberately poisoned, as the police suspect she was. The iron thing is also lame. Too much iron is only harmful to children under 6. It's great for everybody else. Something to watch out for, however, is mercury from fish. There are certain kinds of fish (swordfish, trout, shark) that have high levels of mercury. They are the kinds of fish that are predators when they are alive. Don't eat these kinds of fish more than once a month for women or twice a month for men. Hope that helps.


On : 1/20/2004 10:47:52 PM persianguy (www) said:
Trout?
Swordfish?


Dear God...what predators! Also, remember not to get more than an hour of sun light every day...just enough for vitamin D, but good enough not to get skin cancer!


On : 1/21/2004 4:38:31 PM prettydoc (www) said:
The sun one is a good tip; I saw it on the news the other day.


On : 1/23/2004 1:38:34 AM persianguy (www) said:
Everything in U.S.A. runs off fear....from commerce to politics.


On : 1/23/2004 6:18:18 PM gp (www) said:
agreed.