Sunday, January 04, 2004

I went to my school bookstore yesterday. When I compared the books for 2 sections of my English class, I realized that none of them matched the ones they put online. I also found that I liked the books from the other teacher's class better than my own, so I decided to change my prof. Luckily she has one seat left in her class. If I change that, then I would change Intro to Cultural Anthropology to Developmental Psychology. There's no way I'm taking classes from 8am to 1 pm w/o a break. So now I'm awaiting my advisor's reply to my email of change.

Comments

On : 1/4/2004 9:17:22 PM gp (www) said:
developmental psychology is the class that changed my major to psychology. hopefully you have half as good a professor as i did. actually, it was child and adolescent psychology... basically the same thing.


On : 1/4/2004 10:09:05 PM prettydoc (www) said:
I'm so glad you said that because I wanted to make sure that I made the right choice.


On : 1/5/2004 8:25:41 PM persianguy (www) said:
psychology is lame. who in the right mind would want to study the way ppl think. ick, that wreaks of lameness. why don't you think about changing your gpa to a hard science like physics or biochem, so if you screw up your BCPM gpa with a hmm...c+ in genetics , you have like tons of other classes to fall back on that are way easier upper-div.


On : 1/5/2004 10:48:18 PM prettydoc (www) said:
Actually, I'm a double major in Biology and English. Next term (Spring 04), I'm taking O Chem 2, Cell Biology, 2 English classes, and Psyc. Plus, over the summer I'm taking some easy Bio classes at a community college to bring up my science GPA.


On : 1/7/2004 5:26:26 PM Will (www) said:
GPA doesnt transfer.


On : 1/7/2004 5:28:20 PM persianguy (www) said:
So? Her gpa at school won't change, but thats only because the class transfers for credit, but on come to application time, she has to put in the grade for the class on amcas...


On : 1/7/2004 9:50:19 PM prettydoc (www) said:
Well said, persianguy. You see, Will, when you apply to med school your application and subsequent GPA includes all college classes regardless of where taken. So even though SMU doesn't recognize them, CC classes will be calculated in my GPA and Science GPA. That's the GPA the med schools use for admissions.