Friday, January 02, 2004

OK, I just got back from Houston. The goal of this trip was to the see Heroic Age exhibit at the Museum of Fine Art. It wasn't as great as I had expected. I loved seeing the famous things like Starry Night and the Picassos. A lot of the rest of the art was a little extreme for me. I like Pop Art, Surrealism, and Pointillism, but I'm not much of a fan of American abstract. But after we saw the exhibit, we went to another floor of the museum and saw what it usually houses. The works were beautiful! They were full of religious and mythological imagery from the Renaissance and Middle Ages and tons from the Romantics. As far as Houston, I really liked seeing the Texas Medical Center, Rice University, and UT-Houston Med School up close. For some reason, I couldn't find Baylor Med School, which is supposed to be in the same place. Yesterday was the first day of the light rail service, and it looked pretty nice. I always heard that the worst part of TMC was the parking, so if I go to Houston for med school I would love to be able to park and ride.

No comments: