Saturday, January 31, 2004

Hey, everybody. This week is gonna be totally crammed with three tests and two papers, plus lab reports and reading assignments. I'm hoping to get an extension on a paper due next week, so we'll see how that goes.

The last couple of days have been really busy, too. Thursday, the doctor I work for called me a failure, while one of the patients called me "pretty" three times. Then I had to give her a rectal exam. Maybe I should change my name to prettyfailure. I couldn't find a parking space when I got to school, so I went to Central Market and got a lasagne and Greek pasta salad, then went to Krispy Kreme and got a Lemon-filled doughnut (they didn't have the hot glazed at the time). When I got back to school, I was exhausted, delirious, and starving. When I walked into the lounge, I was surprised to find my arch nemesis from TA last semester, the student I talked about a while ago who would hit on me in class and hassle me. Well, he was there and hopped up on energy drinks. Of course, Will was there and ready to tell me that buying one doughnut was "a crime against humanity." I couldn't think of a witty comeback so I told him to shut up (clever, huh?). When I opened my lasagne, it came tumbling out onto the floor. I dove and grabbed it and decided to take of the layer that touched the floor when Will advised me that "nuking it kills germs." I hit rock bottom and proceeded to have a mini-breakdown as I told the gang how I had been up since 5:30, working since 6:30, called a failure, given a rectal, couldn't find parking, and couldn't get a hot glazed doughnut. The girls gave me a pep talk that boosted my spirits enough to microwave the lasagne, and Daphne handed me a Pepsi (in my haze, I had neglected to get a drink). Finally I sat down and engulfed the feast before me, yet did not have room for the doughnut, before I had to go to lab. Will prompted me to eat it, yet I would not give in. I saved it for after lab while I hung around waiting for the Organic Chemistry help session to start and left school at six, getting home at 6:45. My 13 hr day had finally come to an end.


On : 2/2/2004 1:42:21 PM gp (www) said:

sounds like you need a new doc. why did he call you a failure? that doesnt seem very helpful.

On : 2/2/2004 5:33:55 PM prettydoc (www) said:

See, one of the numbers (if you imagine a list bulleted with numbers) was in bold, and I was in the process of correcting it. He told me it was bold to begin with because I have bad habits, and that if I don't correct my bad habits I will continue to be a failure in life.