Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I got up at 9:10 today, so of course I would have been 15 min late to my 10 am so I skipped it and chilled in the lounge. I compared ring tones, planned a heist, and made sexual comments (Freud anyone?). Then I went to Cell Bio and on my way out, little miss "Stay out of my way" yells at me: "Oh my God, I love your hair. That is so f--in awesome." Um, ok, so it's awesome, as long as I "stay out of your way." Haha, I wonder how awesome she'd think it was if she knew what I was doing next. Today was the first day all year that I wasn't wearing jeans at school. I got some compliments for that (yes, I do have an a$$. It just gets hidden in the jeans.) Well, I skipped Brit Lit in order to go have lunch with 5 of my closest friends (I love you guys...oh and you girls too). It was 3 girls and 3 guys total, so we took seperate cars. I drove the girls in Silver Lightning and Diego drove the guys in the Blue Beast. I think the guys found my driving to be offensive. You see, I don't change lanes gradually. As soon as I turn on my blinker, I immediately go where I want to go and then shut the blinker off. Then there was the part at the end where I got into the wrong lane so I had to switch over right after the light to enter the shopping center. Hey, I had my blinker on so I thought I was doing good, but when I got in Diego's like "You almost started a pileup." Eh, looked safe to me; whatever (wow, I've just scared all of you and you'll never drive with me anywhere. WAA!). It was funny when Diego would start revving his engine. I was like, I don't know how to respond to that; I have a car horn? OK, so now you want to know: where did you eat, girl who can't drive? I took my buddies to a Persian buffet. (I know you weren't expecting that at all, were you?) The food was great (although, being Persian I've had better, but I have also had a hell of a lot worse). Persian restaurants are also usually expensive, but the buffet here is $7.99. Plus, it's the closest one to school, even though it's still 17 min. away. Ric was so cute: when he wanted water, he'd say "Can I have some ob?" (Ob is water). Then he went to the owner and said, "Merci" (thank you) and went to the cashier and said, "Great Doogh!" Doogh is a yogurt drink that none of the guys liked. It was funny cuz they were like, Ah that's nasty. But I love it. I think they liked everything else though, so it was a really cool day. Persian food + my 5 best friends = a totally awesome time that I won't forget.



On : 4/21/2004 7:14:22 PM diego (www) said:

the combination of food and friends cannot be passed up. this was my first time trying persian food so thanks for introducing me to a part of your culture. now we just gotta go to a good mexican restaurant. well, the one i'm thinking of is right by SMU but they don't open till after 5:30 and it's $30 per/person. well, we could go to mi cocina i suppose, but that's not authentic, but yeah. i'll quit blabbing.

On : 4/21/2004 9:06:01 PM prettydoc (www) said:

La Hacienda is the best Mexican food I've ever had (except it's probably just Tex Mex.) You know it's funny, but I don't remember ever eating Mexican food in Mexico. For some reason, we always ate at the Golden Corral in Juarez (I know, crazy right?). I'm glad you liked the restaurant. It was a lot of fun.

On : 4/21/2004 9:28:17 PM diego (www) said:

La Hacienda is indeed Tex-Mex. I love it though. The fajitas are kickass there, although I usually go for one of the hefty combo platters with all sorts of enchiladas and a guacamole tostada and stuff. Damn, I got hungry just thinking about that.

BTW, going to Juarez hardly qualifies as going to Mexico . Mexico City's where its at. Remind me to show you some pics in the lounge sometime.

On : 4/21/2004 10:05:37 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Yeah, please do. I've only been to Juarez and Matamoros. I might as well have stayed in TX and gone to a giant flea market.

On : 4/22/2004 1:25:34 PM Jenny (www) said:

I feel left out!

On : 4/22/2004 5:08:34 PM diego (www) said:

huh? why do you feel left out?

On : 4/23/2004 9:36:26 AM jenny (www) said:

i wasnt even invited...

On : 4/23/2004 9:36:32 AM jenny (www) said:

oh well

On : 4/23/2004 3:43:55 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Jenny, don't feel bad. I knew you had class at 12, so I didn't want to make a situation where you were inconvenienced.