Friday, April 16, 2004

I just got back from the Scribe Open House at work. It was a huge success! We had 20 people show up, and everything went off without a hitch. The premed advisor was there too, so she saw that I wasn't a complete loser. I was in charge of showing the applicants how to do a preoperative consult. They were all like, "Wow, Maryam, you're so good. We had no idea you knew how to do this stuff." The doctor and my boss all said I did a good job too, so I was thoroughly beaming with pride at a job well done. All except 2 of the applicants were from my school, so I knew most of them. I can't wait until training starts in summer. It's gonna be fun taking someone under my wing and teaching them the craft. OOO, I'm so excited!!


On : 4/17/2004 4:07:25 PM Omair (www) said:

yeah; i had tons of fun at the thing. yet, helen, one of my really good friends got a phone call a few hours after we left from presby to get an interview, yet i didn't i'm so sad because i really really liked the environment and the ability that i could have learned so much :(

On : 4/17/2004 6:49:08 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Don't worry, Omair, there's still plenty of time to get an interview. She probably broke up the applicants in groups and is interviewing members of each group in blocks.