Saturday, February 14, 2004

I saw the Princess Diaries tonight on TV. It's such a nice movie. I sort of identify with it on a special level, considering I found out that I'm a princess a year after I saw it for the first time in theaters. Anne Hathaway is even the actress I look the most like. I admit that I was a little surprised when I found out, but at least I knew that I didn't have the kind of responsibilities that Princess Mia has in the film. I guess that's the perk of being a princess of a fallen dynasty: you get the title, but you don't do anything with it. Although having the title does sometimes make me think I should be a better role model and live up to the expectations and legacy of my ancestors. Of course, if I was the princess I was meant to be, I would probably live in a harem like this one and I'd definitely have at least 5 kids by now. It's a trade-off, but my heritage does make me want to learn as much as I can about my family's past. It's one of the biggest motivators I've ever had.

On : 2/15/2004 7:09:14 PM diego (www) said:

whoa...a princess eh? that's kickass! i'm part french....haha, that just doesn't sound as cool as if i said i was an heir of Louis XIII right?

On : 2/15/2004 9:19:44 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Yeah, I'm from the same dynasty as the one in the book. What's weird is that she was born exactly 100 years before I was (1884), and she kept a journal which is now read by the world. Spooky, isn't it?