Friday, February 13, 2004

I went to the 9am Psych class so that I could get out of class at 1 instead of 3 today. He ended class at 9:30 so I had breakfast in the lounge and chatted. Then those people left and a couple more people came in and I chatted. Then I headed off to play pool and I wasn't particularly good at it. I'd never heard of "cutthroat" style before; it made me think of pirates. I usually just take turns hitting the ball until the black one goes in to end the game. None of this "you're in or out" business. So, disappointed in my ability, I returned to the safe haven of the lounge, which was packed. It was weird, cuz when I left it was empty. So I hung in there and had a really nice time. I even saw some people I hadn't seen since last term b/c of scheduling conflicts. Then I headed off to class to talk about "Ode on a Grecian Urn." OK, this is the 6th time I've studied this poem; the last time I did was 2 wks ago in another English class. Can we please read something new? I'm always shocked when there are people in the class who haven't read it before (although there was no more than 3, mind you). How could you have avoided reading this poem? It's always thrown in my face. So I picked up Baker Bros. Texas Cobb salad on my way home. I swear, they have the only salads that will fill me up cuz they're just so freakin huge! No wonder they were voted Best Big Salad by the Dallas Observer.


On : 2/13/2004 3:43:30 PM Ben Lake (www) said:

Um, you know who you played pool with so say it. Besides, I asked Diego to play pool and you wanted to come along, so we graciously played a game that would involve all of us as you made it an odd count and taking turns back and forth doesn't work with three. So quite your whining.

On : 2/13/2004 6:39:12 PM prettydoc (www) said:

I'm not whining. It was just new to me. Don't take it so personally. I'm thankful that I played with you b/c I learned something new. Everything's a learning experience. I'm not complaining about anything.