Friday, February 13, 2004

OK, I'm really getting in a pissy mood. I don't particularly like myself when I get like this, but oh well. My grades, relationships, and social issues are sort of coming apart in my mind. I'm beginning to blame the holidays. There's nothing like Valentine's Day to make you feel pathetic. But think of it this way: Women outnumber men 4 to 1. Of the 75% of women left 25% are lesbians. Therefore, at least 50% of women are alone this Valentine's Day. I was wondering something else. If Valentine's Day is based on the idea of St. Valentine's Day, do churches have sermons devoted to it or are religious rituals performed?



On : 2/13/2004 7:06:42 PM Tiffany (www) said:

It's okay, girl! You should move to Alaska, where the men outnumber the women 10:1. Those are some nice odds.

Here's the way I'd like to think about this holiday (or otherwise I'll get really depressed). This is a mass publicized chance for me to express my feelings to those I already love. Granted there is no man on the sidelines, caring family and friends are beside me. I know you have that much.

Take care!

On : 2/13/2004 7:53:29 PM prettydoc (www) said:

You're absolutely right, Tiffany. My mom always said that I'm her valentine, and that's good enough for me. Curse those Hugh Grant movies and the notions they place into my young, impressionable mind.

On : 2/13/2004 10:52:58 PM diego (www) said:

whoa, how'd you infer that 25% of women are lesbians? just curious as to where you pulled that stat out of?

On : 2/14/2004 1:24:14 AM Jenny (www) said:

Well it could be worse. You could be with a guy who does nothing but make your life miserable. I think i would rather be lonely and single than taken and unhappy.

On : 2/14/2004 4:24:04 AM hiphophippie (www) said:

Why would Valentine's day make you feel pathetic? The day is pathetic alone. Nothing more than commercial crap. Just ignore it.

On : 2/14/2004 5:20:44 PM prizonerofscience (www) said:

hi 2 u, i waz out of town but now i am back yay! now there is time 4 us 2 chat with u about science. u truly r a prizonerofscience, that is why u r alone on this day of valentines.