Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Someone I know died today. He was in 8th grade and his brother was in 11th. His brother was driving him to school this morning at 80 mph when he lost control and hit a large cable box on the passenger side. The younger brother died on impact and the older one is in the hospital. I've known these boys since I was in 7th grade, about the same age as this boy when he died and the same age as my sister who went to school with him. Each of my sisters goes to school with each of these brothers, actually. They're Persians, which is significant in the fact that it means that I would see them much more than if they were casual acquaintances at my sister's schools. It adds a new dimension to the tragedy. I can think of so many stories about them, and I keep seeing the little one's face as he grew older these past 7 years, yet retained his innocence. I know his brother will feel guilty the rest of his life for what happened. May God bless him and his family in this sad time.

On : 2/17/2004 9:52:50 PM diego (www) said:

that's so sad...i'll be sure to slow down tomorrow morning on the drive to school. there's no reason to lose a life over something you think is cool like going way over the limit.