Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I met with my advisor today (it took 30 seconds and this is the 1st time I've ever met the guy, too!) Here is the results of my Fall 2004 scheduling extravaganza:

MWF 9-10 PSYC 3341 Social Psychology
10-11 CF 3314H Social and Intellectual History of Europe
TTh 9:30-11 HIST 2323 Russian Culture
11-12:30 PHYS 1407 General Physics
12:30-2 ENGL 3341 Victorian Gender
W 12-3 Physics Lab
MF Work from 11:30-5 (Tentative)

So, as you can see, I have a very diverse schedule full of old friends (English!) and new ones (History!). I think with this schedule I'll actually have a chance of pulling off a 4.0 term GPA. Today in the lounge, I rid us of a message of criticism and replaced it with a message of love...that nobody can read. It says "Noroozetan piruz, harroozetan norooz." That means, "have a happy new year, and may all days be like your new year," happy that is. When I was having lunch, these 2 guys came in looking for the "computer lounge." They were acting really awkward and then we realized that they were in a band that's performing at UTD and they were passing out their demo CD for free. These guys were the dorkiest, most out of place people I have seen on this campus, and that's saying a lot. It wasn't their clothes or anything appearance-wise. It was just that they were so awkward and trying to make jokes but just coming out really lame. "Microwaves are sort of like computers, but you can't check your email." Yeah, really funny, guys. I had made an appointment today to meet with my Cell Bio teacher and go over the test questions that were really right, but that he marked wrong. I waited at his office for 15 min., but there was no sign of him. Don't you just hate when that happens? Now I'm gonna have to find another way to track him down. Grrr...



On : 3/17/2004 7:03:21 PM Tiffany (www) said:

Do you already have your enrollment appointment?

On : 3/17/2004 8:39:32 PM diego (www) said:

maryam, you're way ahead of the ball. i barely have time to worry about what's going on right now - let alone what classes i'm supposed to take in the fall.

On : 3/17/2004 9:41:55 PM prettydoc (www) said:

My favorite time of the year is scheduling classes. "Heard melodies are sweet, yet those unheard are sweeter." --Keats
Enrollment Appointments will go up next week.

On : 3/17/2004 11:02:01 PM gp (www) said:

i guess you like developmental psych. =)
im graduating next semester, my registration time is a few days after spring break, and i have no clue what classes i want or need to take. on top of that, my advisor is booked till next year. blah.

On : 3/18/2004 6:14:08 PM prettydoc (www) said:

I love Developmental Psych! Thanks so much for the recommendation, gp. If Social Psych works out for me, I might consider a Psych minor.

On : 3/18/2004 6:55:17 PM Tiffany (www) said:

Oh...I took Social Psych! Who's the prof? It was an interesting class, but the prof taught straight from the book. It wasn't very intellectually stimulating, plenty of power point.