Saturday, May 15, 2004

Interesting site

There's also an interesting article in the May 3, 2004 issue of Time Magazine about how Indians, as the wealthiest minority in the United States, are finally getting noticed by the entertainment industry. Bend It Like Beckham and it's start Parminder Nagra are largely credited with this push, but there is also a new show on Broadway. It is the first Bollywood Broadway musical and it is produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber (of Cats fame) and has a famous Indian composer. The musical was featured today on Good Morning America. Hopefully the buzz will serve them well, and they will be successful. I, on the other hand, have never been to New York City and it doesn't look like I'll be heading over there anytime soon. I have my hands full now with fabulous Las Vegas.


On : 5/15/2004 9:07:15 PM Jenny (www) said:

is bombay dreams the broadway production you are talking about? if so i saw it in london before i moved and thoroughly enjoyed it. parminder is also in ER. good character too.

On : 5/16/2004 11:17:01 AM prettydoc (www) said:

Yeah, that's the name of it. I'm glad you liked it because I'm interested in seeing it. When we watched the clips on Good Morning America my mom was singing the songs the rest of the day! Bollywood movies are a lot of fun. I like the Neela character on ER too. She really dropped a bomb in the season finale. I can't wait to see how it plays out in the fall.

No comments: