Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Today was the start of Work Out Bootcamp 2004. The wedding is on the 29th. We started off with running for an hour. Then we came back and did 200 situps: 50 crunches, 50 crunches w/ legs in air, 50 right obliques, 50 left obliques. Finally, a little weight lifting was thrown in the mix. Tomorrow I'll be working all day, from 6:45 am to 5pm with just a Slim-Fast pasta to tide me over. I'm gonna look great for this wedding even if it kills me. The bad part is that a week before the wedding we'll be in Las Vegas, the land of buffets and the hot sun. It's very easy to come back to Dallas dark and fat, so I'm arranging a game plan now to counteract the downsides of vacation. I'll only swim early in the morning or late in the afternoon and I'll eat lots of healthy stuff. Let the pound-melting begin!



On : 5/5/2004 9:11:57 PM diego (www) said:

good luck with the weight loss plan. remember to stay healthy though. we don't want you to become anemic now, do we?

On : 5/5/2004 9:16:02 PM diego (www) said:

reminds me, it's situp night for me. 200-300, depending on how quickly i get tired.

On : 5/5/2004 10:14:24 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Sit ups are one excercise that I can never tire of doing. I actually enjoy doing them. I think it's because you can feel the muscles working right away and the results are seen quickly.

On : 5/5/2004 11:13:36 PM Tiffany (www) said:

No kidding about the situps. For a split second, I thought I'd read 200 pushups and was about to die of amazement because I could probably never do 200 pushups at once to save my life. Yeah well...my arms are kinda weanie, but keep at it Maryam!

On : 5/5/2004 11:17:07 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Oh, y'all are so encouraging. Group Hug!

On : 5/6/2004 6:17:17 PM persianguy (www) said:

Working out just for a wedding? God damn! Looking for acceptance in an otherwise unaccepting group, my dear? Social confirmists...

On : 5/6/2004 7:37:04 PM Will (www) said:

I like the way she negativly associates "darkness" thats great.
At least it wasnt a post about TV.

On : 5/7/2004 3:06:46 PM prettydoc (www) said:

You two were made for each other.

On : 5/7/2004 4:41:54 PM Ric the Slick (www) said:

Hope you're having a good summer break Maryam. I still dont know how to post pics on my blog.

On : 5/7/2004 5:09:39 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Scroll down to my May 1 entry and click on the link.

On : 5/7/2004 9:10:15 PM gp (www) said:

human physiology/exercise physiology will tell you that obtaining vo2 max is the best way to lose weight and achieve ideal metabolism. didnt you take those courses? they're required for pre-med studies here.

anyway.. once you get there, you can eat anything you want. i recommend uphill sprints and lunges paired with jump roping (cant spell that word). also swimming is incredible. try a thrice a week routine with all of those for a month. i guarentee you'll feel better even if (somehow) you dont lose weight.

but most importantly, do what makes you happy.

On : 5/7/2004 10:50:27 PM prettydoc (www) said:

My school is actually the worse school for a premed to go to. We don't have any health science courses or any human biology courses. Almost every course is at the molecular level. gp, as always I appreciate your advice, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. My sisters and I have been begging my dad for a pool for that very reason. It's a great way for the entire family to promote a healthy lifestyle. But alas, financial and construction issues have placed that desire on the backburner. gp, I love how you always know exactly what you're talking about.