Sunday, May 02, 2004

Today's the induction ceremony for Sigma Tau Delta, but I can't go for dos reasons:

Uno) The ceremony is at the casa of the an English professor (Dr. Sudan) who decided that it would be dandy to live in the middle of nowhere. I have no idea how to get there.

Dos) I have an English exam tomorrow and a Cell Bio exam Tuesday. It would be unwise to lose so much time at the induction.

Dos reasons why it's OK that I'm not there:

Uno) I don't have to attend the induction to join the club. I already paid my dues so I'm in.

Dos) My professor for the exam I have tomorrow is also my English advisor and the faculty advisor of STD (that cracks me up everytime!). However, she's been out of state since Friday and won't be back in town until Wednesday, so it's not like I'd be disappointing her. Part of why I wanted to go was to impress her a little, but if she's not there, who cares?

So while I'm glad to be in the National English Honor Society, I must regretfully decline my invitation to the induction in favor of study time.

I had a dream last night that I was having lunch at school with the usual people, and when we were done, Diego and I started walking to class as we usually do. There was some kind of construction so we took a detour, and we wound up in Meadows. We were at the Greer Garson theater, so we asked if Jenny was there so she could show us where to go so we could get to Hyer Hall. Well, Jenny wasn't there (cuz she has Wellness), so Diego and I started walking towards Hyer on our own. As we were walking, we noticed that the campus was sort of empty. Then we looked at each other and said, "Oh yeah! It's exam week! What are we doing here? We've gotta go home and study!" Gee, isn't it nice when your dreams are really fun and don't mirror real life at all?

OK, when I was online this picture popped up and said "Rate Me!" As you rate each person, you get to see another one. What I want to know is, how did they get a picture of me? What's going on here? :)




On : 5/2/2004 1:02:02 PM Will (www) said:

No.

On : 5/2/2004 2:39:16 PM Omair (www) said:

okay. story time. i was scrolling down maryam's blog today and i was like reading all the stuff. and then i come across this picture.. i'm like DAMN who's that hot girl, then i take one more look and i'm like whoaaa, its maryam! dang maryam you look awesome in pictures!

On : 5/2/2004 3:19:08 PM diego (www) said:

well at least some people like omair have a sense of humour about things. it's called sarcasm, i thought will was supposed to be the king of it?