Tuesday, May 11, 2004

OK, I've agreed to keep using Comment This. You can all rest easy now. Today at work I started off pretty rough with the tough doctor. It made me long to scribe for my best buddy, but alas I must learn to share. Remember that premed gunner girl I talked about who came to the open house? (come on you remember...no, the blonde one...yes, that one). Well she's gonna start training next week! I can't believe the first person they hired from the open house was the one person I didn't really want to come. So I told the one guy I work with that she was coming and he's like, oh...uh...great... It was HIlarious. So I have to bone up on my training because I'll be training two girls these last 2 weeks that I'm at work before I leave town. I've never trained anyone before, but I'm authoritative enough to presume that I'll be good at it.



On : 5/12/2004 8:14:12 AM persianguy (www) said:

If you ask me...targetting an innocent girl, not wanting her to get a job because she's competition, and the rather presumptuous vibe I get when you call yourself "prettydoc" even though you're still in undergrad....seems more like - gunner - behavior.

Oh, and you still manage to act s^@##% too. Maaah-velious!

On : 5/12/2004 11:17:27 AM prettydoc (www) said:

Um, pg, I don't think you understand that prettydoc is a character that I created months before I had this website who made special appearances on another website. This site started off as a spinoff, sort of like Frasier coming off of Cheers. The name I used was central to the character that I was portraying at the time and served its own purpose. I continue to use that name because I liked that character, and I don't want her to die even though she has become more like me. But prettydoc and Maryam are not the same person, even though the boundary between them has gotten fuzzy at times. That's part of why I don't post under my name, although I'm starting to with baby steps recently. So if you get certain vibes from my posts, they are intentional and recognizable to readers who are familiar with the initial incarnation of prettydoc. I know what I'm doing.

On : 5/12/2004 11:51:59 AM Jenny (www) said:

um maryam, this makes me wonder if you potentially have mpd. different aspects of your personality but entirely different people? i'm confused!

On : 5/12/2004 12:03:25 PM prettydoc (www) said:

No, it's not like that Jenny. When I started prettydoc on someone else's site, I was purposely not speaking as myself but as a character that I created. It was purely for the sake of entertainment. The purpose of my blog is introspection, hence the entries where I speak candidly about myself, but there also is an entertainment factor so that I don't bore my readers. So, sometimes I'll say something a tad controversial that is mimetic of the original prettydoc but that is obviously not like me so that we can all have a good laugh. Since persianguy doesn't know the real me, as in me outside of my blog, he has no idea what I'm really like so he doesn't get the joke. Thus, the bashing begins.

On : 5/12/2004 8:36:52 PM Jenny (www) said:

oh right.

On : 5/13/2004 11:10:18 PM Will (www) said:

I am with persian guy. Both aspects of your chosen internet moniker extend beyond yourself in a very "over compensating/deficient" manner. Perhaps if you chose a more subtle or less "gunner type" name you would be spared such abuse, but you brought it upon yourself by titling yourself in such a manner.
Where or when it started does not excuse the hubris contained within the title, especially for an english major. :P

On : 5/14/2004 1:41:37 AM prettydoc (www) said:

Uh, that was kind of the purpose of the name. It was meant to convey that image. I thought I had made that clear.

No comments: