Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Yesterday I bought an Elliptical machine after work and spent yesterday and today setting it up. My mom was like, I'm so proud of you. You can be an engineer AND a doctor. (Her whole family is engineers.) I think all my time in the lounge (or as I call it, Engineer Central) has rubbed off on me. Anyway, so we go to test it out. It's a little unstable so I tightened all the screws and everything looks perfect. My sister gets on it for 10 min and then the crank breaks off. The thing is, the crank was one of the few elements of the machine that was pre-assembled in the factory. It was not one of the parts that I assembled. So in one sense I'm relieved that it wasn't my fault, but that also means that I can't fix it and I'm slightly POed that I worked so hard building it and now we may have to take it back. I finally gave in and asked my dad to help me, so he's trying right now to get the crank to work. It was funny cause when it broke I thought, I should call Diego, he's a engineer! Then I remembered that he's in computer science AKA worthless! Geez, Diego what are you good for? I'm sure as soon as I write that my computer will crash, and I will scream in Karma induced agony. No, it's still working. The computers at work today, however, were not. See, I overslept so I got to work nearly 1/2 hr late (the first time that has ever happened). Then 2 hrs into rounds my computer halts and goes crazy. So I had to go back to the clinic and switch it out. Then the printer I was using did not correspond with the laptop and more problems. Uh, such craziness. Tomorrow I'll work all day, but then I won't work again until July so it'll be cool. I'll be training too, so that's always fun. The girl I'm training (who I misjudged entirely and I apologize profusely) has showered me with compliments that I'm the greatest scribe and trainer around, much better than the other girl who trains her. Yes, you've discovered the secret: if you shower me with compliments, you will get on my good side, but if you piss me off, you're goin down bitch. Have a nice day! (Diet update: I cut my carb intake in 1/2 last week and I lost 4 lbs. Just thought I'd pass that on to the 2.758 people who care.)


On : 5/19/2004 10:31:27 PM diego (www) said:

ouch. i swear if that machine had a program, i could've fixed it. well, only if it were written in C/C++, Java, Assembly, LabVIEW...

On : 5/20/2004 10:34:38 PM prettydoc (www) said:

I have complete faith in your ability, oh wise one. Just read my snazzy computer code: 000111100110000001110101010.

On : 5/21/2004 5:24:04 AM Sammy (www) said:

000111100110000001110101010.....Hey, what do you mean "Sam has funny shoes"?!

On : 5/21/2004 12:27:07 PM prettydoc (www) said:

HAHA, you're the best Sam! You and your funny shoes!

No comments: