Monday, May 17, 2004

Today was the first time in a while that I've worn a skirt. I was very excited. When I came home from work my mom was wearing one, so of course I immediately felt inspired. Nothing says summer like a skirt. Today's skirt is denim with small ruffles at the hem. It stops at my knees. I paired it with strappy heeled black sandles and a button-down short sleeve Tommy Hilfiger light blue blouse. Plus I had my jade green contacts in and my blue sunglasses, so I was totally ruling the upper west side of Plano. I was thoroughly summerfied. I got to train for the first time today at work and I'll keep training tomorrow and thursday. Then I can say bye-bye to my job for the next 2 months. I'm surprised Diego starts summer school tomorrow because I don't start until June 1, and my class is an 8 week session. So anyway, after I got gussied up I went to my favorite restaurant for lunch: Macaroni Grill. I love that place. I got Whole Wheat Penne pasta with asiago cream sauce, grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes, brocolli, and black olives. It was so South Beach! Then I shopped at Whole Foods to indulge in my new obsession: Soy Milk. For some reason I can't stop drinking the stuff. Which is good because it's got tons of Ca and soy protein lowers cholesterol and prevents osteoporosis. Wow, doesn't everything just feel so much better in the summer?



On : 5/18/2004 10:43:23 AM diego (www) said:

Macaroni Grill's Chicken Scallopine. Yum.

On : 5/19/2004 9:11:25 AM persianguy (www) said:

why don't you focus more on your studies than what the hell you're going to wear, or what you're freaking eating.

On : 5/19/2004 2:22:37 PM diego (www) said:

chill out dude. some of us have other interests besides studying. damn.

On : 5/19/2004 5:51:59 PM persianguy (www) said:

I'm so sure.

On : 5/19/2004 9:32:17 PM Sammy (www) said:

mmm...soy protein! [in a Homer-esque sounding voice]

hmmm...skirt eh? that's giving me ideas..what if I...;)

No worries, "I'm 100% man, and don't you forget it!" (a quote from Homer after pretending to be the purple teletubby for Maggie)

and to the persianguy, apparently YOU'VE never tried the "Whole Wheat Penne pasta with asiago cream sauce, grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes, brocolli, and black olives!" Neither have I, but I don't go around and bash what people eat before I try it. And if your name has anything to do with your gender, I'm assuming you haven't donned on a skirt this summer, so until you do, I fear your claims on what you wear is invalid.

On : 5/19/2004 9:45:37 PM prettydoc (www) said:

"Have I told you lately...that I love you." Shout out to my homies, y'all are the best! And persianguy, how should I concentrate on my studies when I'm not in school? Sounds a little rediculous. It's like telling me I should keep working on my space shuttle. persianguy sounds more nerdy everyday. I mean I'm pretty nerdy, but...well ya know, Diego said it best with DAMN. I think persianguy's school is still in session so we'll try to give him a break this time because he's probably stressed out. Or I could rub it in his face that I've been out of school for 3 weeks. Hmm...

On : 5/19/2004 11:43:05 PM Will (www) said:

Persianguy has a very good point, you come across overly concerned with shallow and trivial matters. His desire for you to "study" may seem misplaced, but i am sure if you looked at the word study as "self improvement" it would be more apropos. Learning occurs outside of school.

Regarding the the food, Whole wheat .... cream sauce? mixed signals?
Soy milk, no matter how good for you it is, it still has plenty of calories. especially when consumed en masse. Water has none; infact ice water actually burns calories.

No comments: