Sunday, May 02, 2004

Punch and Jude Very cool blog.

I bought my mom her Mother's Day present. Shh...don't tell her what it is.

I typed out my ENGL 3304 review and now I'm reading it in the hopes of an A on the final tomorrow.

60 Minutes just interviewed this Pakistani-British Muslim comedienne named Shazia Mirza. She does her stand-up wearing a scarf and her jokes center around poking fun at both Muslim and Western culture. Her jokes are very funny, mainly because she delivers them in a dry, deadpan style. She seems like a very nice lady, and hopefully we'll see more of her.
Click on the picture for a NY Times article on her.




On : 5/2/2004 7:00:36 PM Will (www) said:

The reviews for that book didnt come back very positive.
But then what does it matter what others think. :P
Unless its a teacher...or boss... or peer or ... never mind.

On : 5/2/2004 7:18:15 PM prettydoc (www) said:

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for the book as a literary work (I learned that from Queen Noor's love letter to herself...I mean, memoir), but I'm getting it for her because of some other circumstances, plus she asked for it.